Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What makes my photography desire tick??!!

One day a few years ago I informed a online friend that I was going to take Wedding photo's with a disposable camera and that christmas I received their 4 year old Digital camera in the mail as a present and have since never looked back!!

then I joined a photography social network

http://eyefetch.com

and I formed a Group for California members and oversaw that group while I Lived in California. I ran a few photo challenges in the group then one Day decided it was time to try and plan a photography trip with anyone in the group that wanted to take part. So a handful of us put our heads together and decided where to go and when!! to make a long story short we ended up going to Crowns Memorial State Park which is in the Alameda area of the East Bay of California!

http://www.shareapic.net/content.php?gid=353228&owner=paulwhite42


We got a Double Bonus because we only went to the Beach with the intent of capturing some Beach photo's and to our delight found there happen to be a Sand Castle Contest going on that day so we obtained some great Activity shots and as we were packing up someone informed us of an Activity across town at the decommisioned Navy base!! the folks there were attempting to enter the Guinness World Record with a large chalk drawing!! and let me back up here.. When we started the planning for this trip there was to be maybe 5 of us going but when all was said and done Myself and Marsha Black and her Husband were the only ones that followed through with the trip!! Now I share with you her Talent that she wishes to be passed on!! although our focus on subjects and our style of photography are different. I take Joy in being able to connect with someone with the depth of a Traveling Photographer such as her!!

http://www.visualtravels.net/wordpress/


The Chalk Drawing was a fun event to witness!! I was able to trade a photo book i had created for a activity T-shirt because they only took cash and i had a debit card on me so we bartered!! look here for more great shots of that activity!!

http://reenchantingtheworldthroughart.blogspot.com


and that's my photography journey so far!!

P.S. some of my work is currently at display in a Gallery till the end of august here in Cedar city!!

No comments:

Post a Comment